July 2, 1895 – After the 11-day voyage, the three sisters arrived at the Ellis Island immigrant processing station in New York City. Before heading on to Milwaukee, Wis., the sisters stayed one night at The Leo House. As newly arrived German immigrants, there was no better place for the sisters to stay than The Leo House. Named after Pope Leo XIII, the religious-run hostel lodged primarily German Catholic immigrants. The Leo House was a hope-filled beacon for immigrants unfamiliar with the languages and customs of the United States. Since it opened in 1889, The Leo House has been a ministry of the Sisters of St. Agnes of Fond du Lac, Wis. Today, the Catholic guesthouse still welcomes visitors from all over the world.