Your generous gift will carry the Gospel to places far beyond you.
2 Cor. 10: 16-17
Your gift planning can help ensure that the Sisters of the Divine Savior ministries can continue well into the future. Planned Giving helps you meet your personal, financial and estate planning goals by making a lifetime or testamentary charitable gift.
The Sisters of the Divine Savior Congregation is a member of Partnership for Philanthropic Planning and the Leave a Legacy® program. These professional memberships offer education, resources and professional support to help us create meaningful, charitable giving experiences for you to achieve your personal and philanthropic goals. Please consider including the Sisters of the Divine Savior as a beneficiary in your estate planning. With your legacy gift, you are helping to ensure the financial future of our mission work in the United States and throughout the world.
We appreciate all gifts, but we encourage you to first consider the needs of family members and loved ones when deciding how to distribute your estate. A planned gift is best made with the counsel of your legal, tax and/or financial advisor.
If you’re interested in making a legacy gift that keeps on giving beyond your lifetime, consider the following ideas:
- Cash gift. It’s simple and can be designated for immediate needs of Sisters of the Divine Savior.
- Properties/securities. Gifts of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds that have appreciated since you bought them make excellent gifts. Gifts of stocks, bonds or mutual funds may also help you reduce or avoid capital gains tax.
- Charitable bequests. This could be a gift of money or property, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate after gifts to your family.
- Life income gifts. These could be made as life income agreements through a Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust or a Charitable Remainder Unitrust. These agreements provide a life income in exchange for an irrevocable gift.
- Tangible personal property. Leave items such as antiques, works of art, jewelry or other collectibles make practical and meaningful gifts for the sisters’ benefit.
- Real estate. Particularly if it has increased in value, might result in more financial advantages to you when given in lieu of a cash donation. Find out how you can make a gift of a remainder interest in your home to Sisters of the Divine Savior, receive sizable tax benefits now, and continue living in your home for the rest of your life.
- Savings account or brokerage account. Name the Sisters of the Divine Savior named as a beneficiary on existing accounts.
- A life insurance policy. If you no longer need the policies benefits for other expenses, name the Sisters of the Divine Savior as a beneficiary.
- Retirement plans. Tax-deferred Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(K), or 403(B) retirement plan, or a company-sponsored pension and profit sharing plan with Sisters of the Divine Savior named as a beneficiary.
Click here for sample bequest language.
Bequest of specific property (e.g. real estate, art, or jewelry)
Suggested wording: I give, devise and bequeath (property description) in my estate to Sisters of the Divine Savior, 4311 N. 100th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222.
Bequest of specific percentage of your estate.
Suggested wording: I give, devise and bequeath to Sisters of the Divine Savior, 4311 N. 100th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222, _____% of my estate.
Bequest of specific amount can be unrestricted, or designated for a particular mission or purpose, such as Sisters’ formation or education.
Suggested wording: I give, devise and bequeath to Sisters of the Divine Savior, 4311 N. 100th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222, the sum of $_________.
Residual beneficiary specifies that after paying all your expenses (medical, funeral, taxes, etc.) and satisfying any specific bequests, the remainder (residue) will be distributed to the residual beneficiary or beneficiaries.
Suggested wording: I give, devise and bequeath the remainder of my estate to Sisters of the Divine Savior, 4311 N. 100th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222.Life income gifts can be made as life income agreements through a Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust or a Charitable Remainder Unitrust. These agreements provide a life income in exchange for an irrevocable gift.
If you are ready to start setting up your gift, please use our legal name and address:
Sisters of the Divine Savior
4311 N. 100th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53222
Our tax identification number is 39-6054869.
Please Tell Us About Your Planned Gift
Leaving a future gift to the Sisters of the Divine Savior is a wonderful legacy of your love and generosity. When you share your plans with us through a phone call, e-mail or note, we appreciate the opportunity to express our gratitude to you. It is also an opportunity to recognize your generosity by welcoming you to our Apostolic Circle. As a member of the SDS Apostolic Circle, you join others who share your values in leaving a legacy for the future of service to God’s people and spreading the Gospel. Of course, if you prefer to remain anonymous, we will honor your wish.
If you have questions about planned giving and our Apostolic Circle, contact Lori Land at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-466-7414.