The founding charism is the specific gift of the Holy Spirit given to Father Jordan for the Church and the world. It is rooted especially in four biblical texts which are key to his life and work. they are at the core of the charism he communicates to all of us.
And eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3)
Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commandments I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.
And he said to them, “Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation.”
But the wise shall shine brightly like the splendor of the firmament; and those who lead the many to justice shall be like the stars forever
Key elements found in these foundational texts are:
- To live eternal life
- To know the one true God and the One he sends, Jesus Christ
- To follow in the footsteps of the apostles
- To make disciples of all nations
- To lead others to eternal truth and justice
- To proclaim the universality of Christ’s message
- To be able to discern the signs of the times