1. Oh God, You know me inside and out, through and through.
Everything I do,
every thought that flits through my mind,
every step I take,
every plan I make,
every word I speak,
You know, even before things happen.
2. You know my past; You know my future.
Your circling presence covers my every move.
Your knowledge of me sometimes comforts me,
sometimes frightens me;
but always it is beyond my comprehension
3. There is no way to escape You, no place to hide.
If I ascend to the heights of joy,
You are there before me.
4. If I am plunged into the depths of despair,
You are there to meet me.
I could fly to the other side of our world
and find You there to lead the way.
5. I could walk into the darkest of nights,
only to find You there
to lighten its dismal hours.
6. You were present at my very conception.
You guided the molding of my unformed members
within the body of my mother.
Nothing about me, from beginning to end,
was hid from your eyes.
How frightfully, fantastically wonderful it all is!
May Your everywhere-present Spirit continue to search out our feelings and thoughts. Deliver us from that which may hurt or destroy and guide us along the paths of love and truth.