The Sisters of the Divine Savior (Salvatorians) are seeking a House Manager for Salvatorian Sisters’ Residence (SSR), the community residence for retired Salvatorian Sisters. The House Manager works in a team setting with a community Coordinator and health care givers. Ideal candidate brings patience and a sense of humor to whatever each new day brings in serving the needs of the elderly sisters. Managing a household with attention to detail, effective communication skills, computer proficiency and multi-tasking agility is essential.
Assumes responsibility for assessing the needs of the house and surrounding grounds, is responsible for coordinating services needed and which provide for the good of the community. The House Manager and the Coordinator are expected to work as a team and in collaboration with the main department chairs at St. Anne’s.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining an on-going system of communication with the community as well as with the SSR staff and volunteers.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining a collaborative team spirit and work ethic with the Coordinator, the staff and volunteers at SSR
- To act as an advocate for the SDS residents in St. Anne’s skilled care unit as well as for SSR community members who may be hospitalized or in long term rehabilitation placements in Milwaukee.
- To assist with plans for funeral arrangements for the family of a sister who has died.
- Prepares and administers the house budget with input from the Coordinator, appropriate staff members and the community as needed.
- Manages the household bills and banking needs of the “house” and the sisters.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining an on-going system of communication with the staff at St. Anne’s Salvatorian Campus, the Provincial team and the families of the sisters at SSR and the Nursing Home.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Food Service, Housekeeping and Maintenance Services.
- Experience of being a “team player.”
- Effective communicator
- Organizational skills & ability to multitask
- Management/administrative experience
- Knowledge & experience of budgeting, banking, etc.
- Computer proficient
- Can relate to elderly persons with patience and humor.
- Start Date – Negotiable, April/May 2018
- Location – Sisters of the Divine Savior, 3810 N. 92nd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Full Time Salary
To Apply Instructions
Email cover letter and resume to Employment@salvatoriansisters.org