Over the years, our Salvatorian Family has enhanced the significance of our December 8th Foundation Day with a number of “firsts.” On December 8:
- 1881 Father Francis Jordan founded the Salvatorians (formerly Apostolic Teaching Society) in Rome.
- 1888 Mother Mary of the Apostles (now Blessed) co-founded the Sisters branch of the Salvatorians in Tivoli, Italy near Rome.
- 1914 The Society of the Divine Savior celebrated the first U.S. professions by Salvatorian Fathers and Brothers
- 1925 Mother of Good Counsel Parish was established in Milwaukee. More than 90 years later, it remains a Salvatorian parish.
- 1971 First Lay members in the U.S. make commitment to the Salvatorian Family.