The congregation of the Sisters of the Divine Savior, also known as the Salvatorian Sisters, was co-founded in Tivoli, Italy in 1888 by Venerable Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan with Blessed Mary of the Apostles. We take our name from the Latin word Salvator, which means Savior. Our international congregation of more than 1,100 Salvatorian Sisters ministers in 28 countries on five continents.
To be deeply rooted in Jesus, our Savior, as we share His mission of worldwide evangelization with simplicity and trust in God.
To make known the goodness and kindness of Jesus, Savior of the world, and foster awareness of a loving God among peoples in whatever place and by whatever means the Spirit of God inspires. As women of faith striving to be given over to the Father and open to all peoples, we collaborate to promote justice and improve quality of life in our world with a preferential option for the poor.
We Salvatorian Sisters, in solidarity with the global community, step forward into the future with vitality, hope and courage to change.