Michelle “Shelly” Runte has inspired a community to embrace her vision for persons of all abilities to share in the joy of play. The gift of her vision is a 12,000-square-foot, accessible playground in Franklin, Wis. for children and adults of all abilities.
You might think Shelly’s vision would have easily won support, but Franklin’s Mayor Steve Olson says, “In fact, none of it came easy.
The Sisters of the Divine Savior established the annual Woman of Faith Award to affirm a woman of our day who shares our core values and is inspired by her faith to express them in action. A Woman of Faith:
- Actively lives a life of service inspired by the Gospel
- Positively impacts and enriches the lives of people in need
- Fosters respect among people and builds a spirit of community through her life and work
- Heightens awareness of people in need through her service
- Elicits support from others through her servant leadership