Our 2017 Woman of Faith was called to find Christ in jail. However, as she describes in her 2011 book, “The Women of Block 12,” she didn’t answer the first call. But God kept asking. And now, many years later, she continues to answer through her Joyful Souls aftercare program for women released from prison. Read Linda’s story here.
The Sisters of the Divine Savior established the annual Woman of Faith Award to affirm a woman of our day who shares our core values and is inspired by her faith to express them in action. A Woman of Faith:
- Actively lives a life of service inspired by the Gospel
- Positively impacts and enriches the lives of people in need
- Fosters respect among people and builds a spirit of community through her life and work
- Heightens awareness of people in need through her service
- Elicits support from others through her servant leadership
We invite you to join us when we honor Linda on Thursday, September 21 as our 2017 Woman of Faith. The event will be held at our Community House in Milwaukee and begin at 7:00 pm.
Please RSVP for this free event by September 16.
Special thanks to Catholic Financial Life
for their Premier Partnershp in this event