All God’s children deserve the chance to reach their greatest potential regardless of where they live. To Kathleen A. Cepelka, Ph.D., it’s a matter of justice. As superintendent of schools for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Dr. Cepelka is leading the way to ensure Milwaukee’s neediest children receive “the best we have” with the launch of the Seton Catholic Schools. Read Kathleen’s story.
Kathleen shared her vision for revitalizing Milwaukee’s urban Catholic schools when the Sisters of the Divine Savior honored her with the 2016 Woman of Faith Award.
The Sisters of the Divine Savior established the annual Woman of Faith Award to affirm a woman of our day who shares our core values and is inspired by her faith to express them in action. A Woman of Faith:
- Actively lives a life of service inspired by the Gospel
- Positively impacts and enriches the lives of people in need
- Fosters respect among people and builds a spirit of community through her life and work
- Heightens awareness of people in need through her service
- Elicits support from others for the needs of people she serves
Nominations for the 2017 award open April 1, 2017. For more information on the Woman of Faith Award, call the SDS Mission Advancement Office at 414-466-7414 or email us.